This Web UI release features additional components to the new Collaborative Web UI, including complete support for Egnyte for Google Apps.
Updates to the Collaborative Web UI
Egnyte continues to add features to the new Collaborative Web UI to optimize visual layout, facilitate easier collaboration, and improve the user experience and performance for key workflows. For more information on the Collaborative UI, refer to this article on the HelpDesk.
Full Support for Egnyte for Google Apps
Utilize all of the features of the Egnyte integration with Google Apps on the Collaborative UI. For more information, please refer to this article on the HelpDesk.
Upload from Google Drive
Import your Google Drive files to Egnyte within the Collaborative Web UI.
Create New Google Files
Create a new Google Drive file and preview it within the Collaborative Web UI.
Collaborative UI Updates for Administrators
- Only administrators can view the option to delete items from the trash. Power users who have access to manage the trash cannot permanently delete items and will not see this option.
- Administrators can copy private folders to another location within their domain.
- Administrators can choose to hide the trash link from power users in their domain who do not have permissions to manage trash.
Other Collaborative UI Updates
- Click any empty area of the screen to deselect all selected files and folders on that page.
- The UI Integration Framework now allows third-party apps to get and save user settings when a user downloads the app. For more information on the UI Integration Framework, please login to your Egnyte developer account and refer to this documentation on the Developer Portal.
- Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported as of 5/31/2016. Please upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 and higher or another browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Users on this browser will see an upgrade notice when they log into Egnyte. For more information, please refer to this article on the HelpDesk.