Egnyte ended support for Storage Sync on NETGEAR RAIDiator platforms on September 30, 2016. Any support assistance now requires an upgrade to a supported NETGEAR OS 6 platform. One of the primary reasons for this business decision is the risk in supporting production-grade software on an End-of-Life NETGEAR device. To avoid any unforeseen service interruptions that can occur on an unsupported firmware, we strongly recommend that you upgrade your NAS device now. If you have any questions, please contact us.
How Do I Upgrade?
1. Purchase a supported NETGEAR 6 device
2. Migrate your data to the new device! You can also watch a quick video of the migration process below.
- Faster and more robust system components
- New Remote Management capabilities with NETGEAR ReadyCloud
- Faster Storage synchronization
- Email alerts for sync failures, NAS issues, and more
- Faster browsing while accessing the NAS from desktop clients
What does End of Support Mean?
- NETGEAR no longer supports bug fixes, security patches, or other enhancements on these products and they are very likely to be out-of-warranty
- Egnyte will not disrupt Storage Sync services on the NETGEAR OS 4 platform. However, any assistance by support will first require an upgrade to a supported NETGEAR OS 6 platform
- The last supported version for the NETGEAR OS 4 platform is Storage Sync 10.2.2 which is set for end of life on January 31st, 2019.