Egnyte ended support for Storage Sync on NETGEAR RAIDiator platforms on September 30, 2016. Any support assistance now requires an upgrade to a supported NETGEAR OS 6 platform. One of the primary reasons for this business decision is the risk in supporting production-grade software on an End-of-Life NETGEAR device. In order to avoid any unforeseen service interruptions that can occur on an unsupported firmware, we strongly recommend that you upgrade your NAS device now. Egnyte maintains a strong partnership with NETGEAR. If you have any questions, please contact us.
How Do I Upgrade?
1. Buy a supported Netgear 6 device from vendors such as the ones below:
- CDW: Fill out this form to request a NETGEAR ReadyNAS Quote
2. Migrate your data to the new device! You can also watch a quick video of the migration process below.
Key Benefits Include:
- Faster and more robust system components
- New Remote Management capabilities with NETGEAR ReadyCloud
- Faster Storage synchronization
- Email alerts for sync failures, NAS issues, and more
- Faster browsing while accessing the NAS from desktop clients
What does End of Support Mean?
- NETGEAR no longer supports bug fixes, security patches, or other enhancements on these products and they are very likely to be out-of-warranty
- Egnyte will not disrupt Storage Sync services on the NETGEAR OS 4 platform. However, any assistance by support will first require an upgrade to a supported NETGEAR OS 6 platform
- The last supported version for the NETGEAR OS 4 platform is Storage Sync 10.2.2 release.