Egnyte Map Drive reached end of life on June 30, 2016. All support requests now require an upgrade to Egnyte Drive.
How Do I Upgrade?
- Download and install Egnyte Drive: Download Egnyte Drive
- Uninstall Map Drive
For a full list of Map Drive users on your account please contact support
Key Benefits Include:
- Enhanced Usability: eliminates need to re-enter credentials when working with Microsoft Office documents
- One-Click file sharing: create share links simply by right-clicking a file and selecting "Share"
- Improved Authentication: supports Single Sign-On and Two-Step Login Verification
- Create multiple drives: Custom shortcuts to "/Shared" and “/Private” folders. Example: "P:" as a shortcut to "/Private" and “S:” as a shortcut to “/Shared”
- Simplified client deployment corporate-wide: quickly preconfigure and deploy Egnyte Drive to your end users using Active Directory group policies
- Improved notifications: automatic notifications when new features and upgrades are available
- Learn more about all our latest features
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why did Egnyte switch from Map Drive to Egnyte Drive?
Map Drive relies on the outdated WebDAV protocol. Egnyte Drive provides more native capabilities and delivers more features.
Can I continue using Map Drive?
Yes, you can continue using Map Drive. However would you face any issue, Map Drive is not supported. We highly recommend all customers to switch to Egnyte Drive as soon as possible.
If you require any assistance in the upgrade process or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.