In this weekend’s release, we rolled out support for co-authoring documents through Office Online, enhanced the reporting option available through Role-based administration, and made more improvements to our new Web UI.
Enhancements to Reporting for Role-based Administration
A couple weeks ago, we rolled out an option to grant Power Users the ability to run reports through our role-based administration feature. In this weekend’s release, we enhanced reporting for Power Users in the following ways:
- Power Users with privileges to run reports can now create audit reports through the Public API
- Power Users can search for any user in the account when creating an audit report
- Power Users can delete links from the Link Summary Report and unlock files from the Lock Summary Report
Co-Authoring with Office Online
Egnyte’s Office Online integration now supports co-authoring, enabling you to have multiple users working concurrently on the same document.
You can learn more about Egnyte’s integration with Office Online here.
Improvements to the New UI
We also made several improvements to the new Web UI we started rolling out a few months ago. Note that the new Web UI is currently only available to prospective customers who are evaluating Egnyte on a trial.
Existing customers who are interested in the new UI and do not want to wait for its broader rollout can contact us at email@example.com for more details.
You can find a summary of the changes below; refer to this article for more details on the features included in the new Web UI.
- Customers using Mutli-Entity Management can now switch between connected domains
- You can now drag & drop files into subfolders in the center pane to upload them
- Improvements to the Trash section:
- The Restore and Delete All buttons are now disabled when there is a filter applied
- Items being restored or deleted are disabled in the table and indicate their state when you hover over them
- The number of items shown per page in the Trash section now reflects what you have set in the preferences section of your profile