Install Egnyte Connect Desktop App
- Download and open the .pkg file.
Note: If the window below appears, select Save File.
- When prompted, enter your computer password to install the application and click Install Software.
- When the installation window appears, click Continue.
- Once you've read the Software License Agreement, click Continue.
Note: You will also need to click Agree on the pop up to confirm.
- Click Continue after selecting the disk where you want to install the software.
- Click Install to leave the default destination or click Change Install Location to select a different location.
Note: You may need to re-enter your computer's password to allow the installation.
- Once the installation was successful message appears, click Close.
- Click Set up now to open the Desktop App.
- The next screen will allow you to configure a new drive. Enter your account credentials and click Add drive.
Note: If your company utilizes SSO, you may be redirected to their landing page after you enter the Egnyte domain to complete the login process.
- Your drive is now mounted and ready to access in Finder.
Note: If your installing on macOS High Sierra or Mojave, ensure you approve Egnyte's kernel extension so you can use the app.
Uninstall Egnyte Connect Desktop App
To do a clean uninstall of the Desktop App, please complete the steps below.
- Open Finder, select Go, and click Go to Folder...
- Enter "~/Library/Application Support/Egnyte Connect/" and click Go.
- Double click Egnyte Connect Uninstaller from the list and follow the prompts.