There are many good reasons to promote a Standard User to the Power User role. Power Users can:
- Access the cloud from their desktop using Desktop App (Egnyte Drive).
- Sync files to their computer with Desktop Sync.
- Create links to files
- Log into their account using an external authentication provider
- Invite new collaborators to your account
- Maintain a private folder for personal work documents like performance evaluations
Changing a Standard User's role takes three easy steps. First, navigate to "Settings / Users & Groups". Locate the user and select the "Details" option.
Navigate to Profile tab and select the "Change user type" option.
Then pick "Power User" from the drop down menu.