This article describes upgrade steps for various versions of Storage Sync for NETGEAR ReadyNAS 6. To install Storage Sync for the first time, or review system requirements and supported Netgear devices, please visit this page.
Upgrading Storage Sync for NETGEAR
*This is the manual process to upgrade Storage Sync. It is required when upgrading from 10.3.5, and optional for more recent versions.
1. Open the ReadyNAS admin page http://ReadyNAS-IP-Address/admin
2. Log on as the admin user
3. Click on the Apps tab. Then click on Installed Apps button to check the current version of the Egnyte Storage Sync App.
4. Download the latest version and save the Storage Sync package.
5. Click on the Upload button
6. Click on Browse and browse to the newly downloaded Storage Sync package file
7. Click Upload
You will receive a notice once the upgrade is complete. The upgrade may take up to 10 minutes. During this time, the NAS share access will be disabled and the settings page may not launch. DO NOT restart your NAS during the upgrade.