Unfortunately, usernames cannot be changed. You will need to create another user with the preferred name and then delete the original user. If you use the Desktop App or Desktop Sync, the client will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled to change the username. With Desktop Sync, you may use the same Local Cloud directory so that synchronization does not start from scratch.
Note: If you delete a Power User, you will delete all of the files contained in their Private folder.
If you do need to delete a Power User so you can re-create them with the new username, follow these steps to make the process smoother.
1. Move all the files you want to keep from the Private folder to a Shared folder.
2. Navigate to Settings and click on the Users & Groups tab.
3. Click the Add New User button and choose Power User from the drop down.
4. Enter the users information with the preferred username and click Save to create the new user.
5. Find the old username in the list.
4. Check the box next to the user(s) you'd like to delete.
5. Scroll to the top of the page and click the Bulk User Actions drop down.
Note: Deactivated users do not count against your plan's user quotas, and their files are still maintained and can be restored at any time. A deactivated user's files still count against your plan's storage quota. Deleting a user means that their files are permanently removed.
6. Select Delete from the drop down.
7. When the confirmation dialog box appears, click Confirm.
Note: If the user is an admin, you need to have a secondary admin in your Egnyte account and you will need to demote the account from an admin to a power user. You can then delete or deactivate the previous admin.