Egnyte makes it easy to share content inside and outside of your organization through Share links. Follow one of the links below to learn how to effortlessly collaborate with Egnyte.
Only Administrators and Power Users can create share links.
Share File Links
If you want to share a file with someone without requiring them to login, send them a link to a specific file. When your colleague clicks on the link, Egnyte will generate a preview of your file. Your partner can review it there or download the file.
There are two easy ways to do this from the web interface. Either hover over the file and select the blue Share button next to the right.
You can also select the checkbox next to the file or right click on the file and choose the Share option from the action menu.
When the dialog opens, you’ll see a summary of the security and expiration options available. You’ll also be given the option to either copy or email the link.
If you click Get Link, the screen will change to show a link URL already highlighted. You can copy the link and paste it into the body of the email client you are using to send emails.
Choose Email Link, and you will be prompted to enter your recipient’s email address.
To adjust your link's settings prior to sharing it, click Change link options.
Under Change link options, you can...
- Set the link to expire after a certain date.
- Set the link to expire after a certain number of clicks.
- Set whether the link always points to the most recent version of the file or whether it references this version only.
- Decide whether this link can be viewed by anyone (a public link), anyone with a password (password protected public link), only those from your Egnyte account (a private link), or only users from your Egnyte account whom you specify (a user-restricted private link).
- Choose whether the file can be downloaded or is preview-only
- Request an email notification whenever the link is clicked.
Share Folder Links
When you want to share the contents of an entire folder with a colleague or business partner, browse to the folder and then select the Share option followed by the Share Folder Link option.
The folder link dialog looks very similar to the file link dialog. You can adjust the link's options to decide who will have access to the folder, set an expiration for the link, and more.
When your colleague clicks a folder link, they'll see a display of all its contents. They can preview the contents there, download all of it at once, or pick individual files.
If you have password-protected your public folder link, your colleague will see this message before they can proceed.
If you want to send the folder to someone that already has permissions to it, save a few steps by sending a Direct Link. Direct links take the receiver directly to the folder in the Web UI. Navigate to the folder you want to share, click More, and choose Folder Details & Options from the drop down.
From there, just copy the Direct link on the Details tab and start sharing!