Install & Upgrade Desktop Sync
The steps below apply whether you're installing Desktop Sync for the first time or upgrading from an earlier version.
- Download Desktop Sync for Mac and open the .dmg file.
- When opened, double click the Desktop Sync icon.
Note: If a warning message, "Egnyte Desktop Sync Installer is an application downloaded from the internet" appears, click Open and enter your computer's admin password to continue.
- Select where the synchronized folders should be stored. You can leave the default destination and click Next or click Choose to select a different location before continuing.
- Enter your Egnyte username and password and click Continue. If you utilize a SSO provider, click Other Login Options.
- Check the box next to the folders you'd like to synchronize to your computer and click Save.
Note: If you select a parent folder, all of the sub-folders will automatically be selected. You can uncheck them if needed.
- Once completed, the files will begin syncing to your computer and you'll receive a confirmation email. You can navigate to the folder's location on your computer by clicking Open Folder or simply close the window to go to the Desktop Sync home page.
Note: If you have chosen to sync a large number of folders and files, it will take time for all of the items to be available on your computer. You can monitor the progress of the sync from the Desktop Sync home page.
Mass Deployment & Upgrade
If you plan on mass deploying Desktop Sync, you should not "clone" (manually copy application file and folders) from an existing installation as this can lead to sync errors. Instead, follow the steps provided in this article to make the process as smooth as possible.