To do a clean uninstall of Egnyte Desktop Sync, please do the following:
- For Windows 7, 8, & 8.1: Click on the Start button and then navigate to Programs.
For Windows 10: Click on the Start button of your Computer and go to Add or remove programs.
- Select Egnyte Desktop Sync and click on the option to Uninstall. Follow the instructions to complete the uninstall.
- If you wish to remove any synced folders from your computer, please continue to the Data Removal section of this article.
Mac OS X
- Navigate to Finder and select Applications.
- Double-click on the Egnyte Desktop Sync Uninstall. You may be asked to enter your computer (Admin) password to continue.
- This will remove the Desktop Sync application and files or folders will no longer sync with the cloud.
If you want to remove all your synced data from your computer, locate the Desktop Sync data folder where you created it while setting up and delete the Egnyte folder. This step should be performed only if you DO NOT wish to reinstall Desktop Sync on the computer. If you wish to reinstall the application, then ignore this step since you can use the same data folder and avoid re-downloading your data.
Error While Uninstalling
Desktop Sync installation is not supported on a Network Drive. If accidentally done, you will need to uninstall it. During the uninstall, you may encounter an error: Installer Error Code 2318.
In such cases, you may need a force uninstaller to remove the application and clean up the leftover files. Please contact support at email@example.com if you are unable to uninstall the app and need any help.