Product: Web UI Release Date: May 17, 2023.
Scoped Metadata (Limited Availability)
Folder-scoped metadata allows users to partition off the metadata sections so that some sections are only available for specific folders. When they edit or view metadata for a file/folder, they would only like to see metadata that has been designated as applicable for that item.
File type-scoped metadata is similar in that it allows users to designate specific metadata sections as being only applicable to specific file types. For example, a metadata section that is only applicable to image files, a metadata section that is only applicable to spreadsheets etc.
At creation time, an admin can now choose between three scopes for a metadata section
- Global - This metadata section is applicable to all files and folder
- Folder scoped - This metadata section is only applicable to the specific folders (and their subfolders)
- File Type scoped - This metadata section is only applicable to specified file type(s)
- If ‘Folder Scoped’ is chosen, the admin can choose one or more folders via the ‘Select Folders’ dialog.
- If ‘File Scoped’ is chosen, the admin can choose one or more file types from the dropdown list.
- After an admin has created a folder-scoped section, a folder owner can choose to apply that section to their own folder.
- The folder owner can do so by going to the ‘Folder Details and Options’ menu item and then choosing ‘Associate metadata sections’.
Display Custom Metadata in Search Results (Limited Availability)
Users can now add custom metadata columns to display in search results. In order to add metadata columns, users can click on the ‘Edit View’ button near the top right corner of search results view. From there, they can select the ‘Edit metadata columns’ option and then navigate to the appropriate metadata sections and properties in the subsequent menus. Clicking on ‘reset to default’ will reset the view and remove any added metadata columns.
If the search query includes any custom metadata filters, those metadata properties are automatically added to the search results view and cannot be removed.
Issue with the Link Shared Email Notification
There was an issue with the link shared email notification where the sender display name was incorrectly shown as “Egnyte” instead of the user's full name who shared the link. This issue has been addressed.
Additional Information and Resources
The current release contains a few improvements to existing functionality.
- Minor performance, security and stability improvements
- Minor logging and UI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
The changes will be available to all users by May 18, 2023.