Desktop App for Win 3.14.8 Release Date: Mar 31, 2023
Improved Flow of Starting/Joining Collaboration Session
We improved the flow of opening MS Office documents in collaboration mode. From this version, after a user starts a new collaboration session or joins existing one on MS Word, MS Excel or MS Powerpoint files, the dedicated application will open directly - up to this point the dedicated application shutdown and then reopened the document.
This new flow works only with the newest Microsoft integration
- A fix for an issue with inherited read-only parameter for files copied from folder with viewer permission to other folder
- Fix for a rare issue with random conflict copies created from the same system
Known Issues and Limitations
- Co-editing is not supported with Smart Cache connection for versions of Smart Cache below 2.7.
- If a user has an “ask” as a default co-editing setting, simultaneous opening of more than one MS Office document can result in an error.
- When opening large Excel document in co-editing mode takes over 30 seconds, then the collaboration pop-up may appear for the second time.
- Starting or joining a co-editing session in MS Office Online in the newest Microsoft integration is possible only through the context menu. A double-click will result in opening a document in MS desktop.
- For updates on Windows 11 support and known limitations, refer to this article.
Upgrade to the latest version today.