Egnyte iOS Mobile App v. 8.15 | Release Date: March 6, 2023
Support for Syncing PDF Annotations Made Offline
Egnyte iOS mobile app users can now open a PDF file and while their device is offline, make annotations on the file, and save them. Once the device is back online, the changes will get synced with the file stored in the cloud.
To make annotations offline and save them to be synced, follow these steps:
- Make sure the PDF file is added to files available offline first (the action of adding a file for offline use must be performed when the device is connected to the Internet)
- Open the PDF file when the device is offline and dismiss the "No internet connection warning", if it appears
- Tap on the blue (annotations) button in the right lower corner of the screen
- Choose the annotation tool (text, note, pen, image) from the menu
- Annotate the file
- Tap Save in the right upper corner of the screen
The changes you made offline will be saved and synced with the online version of the file when the device is connected to the internet again.
Support for Workflows and Tasks
To-Do, Review, and Approval Tasks assigned using the Egnyte Workflows and Tasks feature can now be reviewed, accepted, rejected, and completed in the Egnyte iOS App.
As soon as a new task is created, assignees who go to the Egnyte Mobile App will see a red dot next to the Workflows icon in the bottom navigation bar informing them about a new task.
When users navigate to the Workflows screen by tapping on the Workflows icon, they will see a list of tasks and workflows assigned to them and can perform the actions assigned to them such as:
- reviewing the document associated with the workflow or task (using the file preview mode),
- accepting/rejecting and completing the workflows and tasks
- adding the reason for approval (where relevant)
- e-signing workflows and tasks with their credentials (if required)
To find out more about Workflows and Tasks, go to this helpdesk article.
- Fixed the issue some users experienced when attempting to upload JPEG files via the mobile app
- Fixed the issue with uploading photos from the gallery through the document scanner
- Fixed the issue with the print button in the share menu not working when trying to print a Microsoft Office file
- Workflows cannot be created or canceled in the mobile app. To create or cancel a workflow, please use the Web UI.
Go to Apple AppStore to download the latest version of the Egnyte iOS Mobile App (v 8.15) or upgrade to the latest version on all your devices if you already have it. Tasks and Workflows review and approval on the iOS app may not be available to Life Sciences GxP plan domains until May 2023 which is when the iOS is planned to be formally validated for GxP purposes.