Product: Web UI Release Date: February 22, 2023.
Create Documents/Folders/Projects in Egnyte
With this release, the existing feature of creating documents/folders/projects has been improved in many ways.
- The existing menu available to create documents/folders/projects from within a folder has been revamped to make it much more intuitive and logically structured to help the user navigate through the options available to create different objects within Egnyte.
- The users will now be able to create on the fly documents from the home dashboard without having to navigate to a specific folder.
- The documents created from the template for supported formats of MS Office and Google Workspace documents will now open for editing similar to blank documents. This is applicable only to users of customers who have enabled the MS Office and Google Workspace integrations.
- The users will now get visibility into the path/location where the document/folder is being created.
For more details on how to use this feature, you can refer to the following helpdesk articles.
Unable to Open Folder on WebUI with Folder Share Link
There was an issue where the recipient of the link was not getting redirected to the intended folder via the folder share link when the user is not already logged into Egnyte. This issue has been fixed.
Unable to Login to WebUI
There was an issue where one of the admin users was unable to login to Web UI. This issue has been fixed.
Unable to Download File/Folder via Share Link on Mobile Browser
There was an issue where the user was unable to download the file/folder accessed via share link on mobile browser. This issue has been fixed.
Errors While Gathering Audit Report Logs
There was an issue where the customer was getting errors while gathering the audit report logs into their SIEM. This issue has been fixed.
Additional Information and Resources
The current release contains a few improvements to existing functionality.
- Minor performance and stability improvements
- Minor logging and UI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
The changes will be available to all users by February 23, 2023.