Egnyte stopped supporting Storage Sync versions 10.3 or older on March 31st, 2018. On December 21st, 2018 we moved forward with the end of life for these versions of Storage Sync.
Storage Sync 11 includes many new features, enhanced performance, and important security improvements:
- Latest qualified 64-bit OS for much improved scale and performance (for VMware, Hyper-V).
- Significantly improved sync performance: changes are synced every 30 seconds.
- Latest Samba libraries for faster and robust SMB access (for VMware, Hyper-V).
- Significantly enhanced browsing and file access performance for Mac.
- Revamped admin interface for improved usability.
- Self-service UI for users to change their local passwords.
- Security fixes including patches for recent Samba vulnerabilities (WannaCry, SambaCry).
- Automatic software update to the latest Storage Sync version (for NETGEAR).
- Updating the deprecated TLS 1.0 to close security gaps.
How to Upgrade?