Egnyte will stop supporting Storage Sync versions 10.2.7 or older on Dec 31, 2017.
While your devices will continue to work, we strongly suggest that you upgrade as soon as possible.
Storage Sync 11 includes many new features, enhanced performance, and important security improvements:
- Latest qualified 64-bit OS for much improved scale and performance (for VMware, HyperV)
- Significantly improved sync performance: changes are synced every 30 seconds
- Latest Samba libraries for faster and robust SMB access (for VMware, Hyper-V)
- Significantly enhanced browsing and file access performance for Mac
- Revamped admin interface for improved usability
- Self-service UI for users to change their local passwords
- Security fixes including patches for recent Samba vulnerabilities (WannaCry, SambaCry)
- Automatic software update to the latest Storage Sync version (for NETGEAR)
What happens after End-of-Support Date
Your device will continue to work as expected. However, any support requests will require you to upgrade to the latest supported Storage Sync version first. We plan to End-of-Life these releases on June 1st 2018.
How to Upgrade