- A fix for an internal permission handoff and monitoring service to ensure that samba process receives the permissions map.
- A fix for files that have been incorrectly flagged as a conflict copy
- A configuration setting to allow connections over SMB2
- A change in Storage Sync services monitoring
- A fix to continue sync after a folder action reversal is initiated due to permissions
HOW TO UPGRADE
Storage Sync 11.0.8 can be directly updated from versions 10.2.5 and above. This requires first updating the NETGEAR ReadyNAS firmware to at least version 6.7.1 (up to 6.7.4). After the firmware update, NETGEAR admins will need to manually add the Storage Sync install package through the Apps tab in the ReadyNAS user interface. Devices already on 11.x Storage Sync can use the auto-update schedule to automatically update to 11.0.8.
For devices on 10.x and prior, download the package for Storage Sync for Netgear from the Egnyte Helpdesk and save it to a local computer. Use the Netgear UI App tab to upload and install the new Egnyte Storage Sync package.
Prior to updating Storage Sync, please ensure that the NETGEAR ReadyNAS firmware has been updated to at least 6.7.1.
The following upgrade paths are supported for this release:
- Version 10.x → 11.0.8 [Manual upload after firmware update]
- Version 11.0.x → 11.0.8
For previous versions of Storage Sync prior to 10.2.5, please contact Egnyte Support.